U VOTE APP: During a conference at his home in Magere, the National Unity Platform Presidential candidate Robert Kyaguranyi Sentamu revealed that the party developed a vote monitoring application to record and monitor the January 14th election results countrywide.
In his end of year address on January 3, 2021, at his home in Magere, the presidential hopeful said the #UVote App will be the NUP’s tally center manned by a team of digital experts.
Since the announcement, Ugandans are foreseen to download the application with many acceptances; this is an ideal opportunity to end Museveni’s autocracy.
However, since U VOTE APP was reported, Ugandans have been questioning how to utilize this application and here Boom Gossip responds to the inquiries concerning the application from strong sources in NUP.
What is U VOTE APP?
#UVOTE is a mobile application developed by the National Unity Platform to monitor the January 14, 2021 election results countrywide. It is designed for easy transportation of declaration forms (DR) during the electoral process.
When is it ready for download?
The application according to Kyagulanyi will be available for download on Google Play Store and App store before January 14th, 2021.
How to download?
The app will be available for free download on Google Play and App store.
Procedures; Go to your phone in Google Play or App Store, search for U VOTE. You should choose a verified app for your cybersecurity.
How to install the app?
After finding the U VOTE app, Click INSTALL. It will be installed directly to your phone in your app station.
How to get started?
- Click to OPEN the app
- Click GET STARTED
- Click on I don’t have an account, REGISTER
- Fill in the requirements
- -Your Name
- -Mobile Number
- Click REGISTER to submit.
Go back to the app
- Click LOGIN
- Put your Mobile Number (the same number you used to register)
- Fill in your name
- Choose office AGENT or NON OFFICIAL
- Then Click LOGIN
You will get a response “your login has been successful.
How to use it during elections? (The polling station information form)
After LOGGING IN, a the polling station information form will open as seen in the screenshot above.
Make sure you fill in the right information of by District, constituency, sub county, parish/word and then polling station name.
How to fill in the vote results?
To fill in this section, you will have to be attentive when they are announcing votes of every candidate and fill number of votes to box next to the candidate name.
Please note; you have to enter valid votes as by DR forms.
How to reports an incident?
In case of vote rigging,
Click on MORE
Click on REPORT and Incident
Put Details of what exactly happened and then click SUBMIT.
Features of the U Vote App Uganda
- Verify, authenticate or update your address
- View your Voting registration details, including U Vote registration status and Uganda voting station information.
- View your election candidates
- Set your U Vote app notification preferences for Voting results
- View news and information on the election processes, as they happen
- View your voter status, ward councilor, and special vote status
- Report an Uganda voting station issue
- The apps also demand internet connectivity and location service.
- View the Ugandan IEC’s contact information and Uganda vote address
- Cruise to your nearest voting station
- Apply for a special Ugandan U vote
- Follow the IEC’s social media supplies on Twitter and Facebook to remain up to date with improvements as they happen.
- Rejoice your vote
- Share key Uganda election moments